- Views 932
Please support our fellow alumnus Etienne Charles with his production of “Carnival – The Sound of a People”
Sunday 29th January, 2017
6 PM – 9 PM
One night only!
“In 2010, I went home for my first carnival since 2001. That feeling of reconnecting with home during our most vibrant ritual is one I’ll never forget. As a musician, the sounds spoke to me.
Three years ago I started conceptualising a suite of music inspired by the sounds and traditions of our Carnival ritual. In between 2015 and 2016, I spent 11 weeks in Trinidad & Tobago on my Guggenheim Fellowship researching as many elements of Carnival as I could find. We recorded video and audio every step of the way. After gathering hours of field recordings, I began writing the suite.”
Tickets ($300) available at:
- Queen’s Hall Box Office, St. Ann’s – 624-1284
- Wrapworks Deli, Ariapita Avenue & de Verteuil Street, Woodbrook – 797-9727
- Häagen-Dazs, The Falls at West Mall – 632-4160
- Häagen-Dazs, Shops of Trincity, Tissue Dr. and CR Highway – 640-0603
- Häagen-Dazs, Gulf City, San Fernando – 652-1513
- Ticket hotline: 682-1070
Produced by Monlo Music Ltd.
Presented by Calabash Foundation for the Arts