- Views 1837
The AGM recently held on Tuesday 30th June was opened with a prayer by Fr. Gregory and the President’s Report for the period 2014 to 2015 (available for download here) which was read by President Dwight Andrews.
Changes to the constitution were proposed, discussed and eventually passed by unanimous vote. The changes were as follows:
• Vice President position was changed to Senior Vice President
• Treasurer position was changed to V.P. Finance
• Assistant Secretary position was changed to V.P. Strategic Operations
• Assistant Treasurer position was changed to V.P. Sports & Extra Curricular Activities
The new Constitution can be viewed here.
Following reports by each sub-committee chairman, elections were held.
The elected Officers were:
• President – Mr. Dwight Andrews (unopposed)
• Treasurer / V.P. Finance – Mr. Mitchell De Silva (unopposed)
• Assistant Secretary / V.P. Strategic Operations – Mr. Rawle Annandsingh (unopposed)
• Ordinary Members – Mr. Kevin Crosby, Mr. Rene De Gannes, Mr. Trevor De Landro, Mr. Burt Bushell, Mr. Steven Luk Pat
The elected sub-committee chairmen were:
• Alumni – Mr. Colin Darmanie
• Sponsorship – Mr. Kent Jeary
• Events – Mr. Carlos Cedeno
• Benefits and Recognition – Mr. Jason Aguiton
Congratulations go out to all the returning officers and the newly elected members.
In the subsequent first meeting of the new Executive Committee, Fatima College Teaching Staff Liaison ex-officio member, Mr. Kevin Wells, was elected to the position of V.P. Sports & Extra Curricular Activities. This was to fill the gap that was left when Assistant Treasurer, Laurence McMaster resigned from the committee due to his upcoming migration from Trinidad.